Thursday, December 9, 2010

Vintage Vixen


So you’ve seen those sassy fashionistas out there in the world who dare to rock vintage pieces, or even a whole ensemble, and you may be thinking to yourself, “wow, how can I pull off that look?” It’s much easier than you may think to pull together the perfect vintage look. I know that Thrift/Vintage stores can be a lot to take in. Clothes everywhere, the musky smell of your grandmother’s closet, and everything looks – well, old. Here are a few tips to get you started…

First of all you MUST look! Go through the racks, and I mean all of them. The only way to find those gems that will give you the perfect vintage look is to hunt.

As you go through the racks look for QUALITY pieces, something that is still in great condition. The sassy fashionista knows to ALWAYS choose fabrics wisely, even when it comes to the throwbacks.

Don’t be afraid of buying larger sizes. If you see something that looks like a moo moo or like it may not fit, remember that you can have it tailored or altered – and for the price you’ll be paying for the garment, its still a steal.

Dare to step out of your box – Its silly to take the time to go and look for something vintage if you won’t dare to be unique.

Don’t buy too much at once. It’s been my experience that searching, narrowing my options down to just a few pieces is better than buying in bulk. Buying too many pieces can confuse your vision for that perfect look…make sure you have that vision before you buy.



Lastly...Be BOLD! Rhinestones, glitter, all over prints and patterns, outrageous hats, large pieces of AMAZING Jewelry…that’s what is all about

Happy Hunting Loves!

2 comments:

  1. Ok I must say I take a personal interest in this particular post because I am now an official vintage shopper. I never knew exactly how to shop at a vintage shop or a goodwill store. I just got the hang of it and last week I lost my mind. I went and found the bargain of a lifetime. But I took some extra tips from this posting in order to better my vintagnista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny that you always find the perfect thing when you're not looking for it? I know that when I need a perfect black dress, I can't find it, but when I don't need one--there it is!

    ReplyDelete